Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Squat Challenge Accepted

I decided for June I would do the 30 day squat challenge.  I will post a picture of it on my next post (with my phone).  Just in case any of you out there would like to join me.  Don't be shy, jump in even if you missed a few days. 
 
My running hasn't been where I would like it to be quite yet.  Not that my runs themselves have been bad, but getting them in has been a challenge.  I hate excuses but I do have them.  Lola and Lucy.  Lola is turning 3 this month.  And we skipped the terrible two's and are being introduced to the sassy 3 year old that refuses to listen.  And Lucy, well Lucky Lucy is just a tinch bit of a difficult child.  She has acid reflux and has a very hard time teething.  She's also turning 1 this month and is still not sleeping through the night consistently.  She really is a challenge for us.  We sleep train her and sleep train her, to no avail.  Anyway, those are my usual excuses.  So when I say L&L are at it, you know what I mean.  Lol!
 
My week of working out is going to run from Monday to Sunday. 
 
This week so far I have only gotten in one run.  Today.  I ran 6.6 km's this morning in 45 minutes.  This is probably my slowest treadmill run in a couple of weeks.  But I did get up at 520 this morning and run with nothing in my stomach and only half a glass of water drank.  Not a great way to attempt a long run for me.  My best days so far seem to happen when I've been up for 2 hours, had a bowl of granola, cup of coffee, and 1 litre of water.  I get less cramps, I don't get a headache, and it doesn't feel like I weigh 1000 lbs.  Lol!  But today I was looking down the barrel of a very busy day.  And if I wanted to run with as little stress as possible I needed to do it before the babies got up and Jordan left for work.  So up I got, and off I went to the basement.  Sure as shit though when I came upstairs praying I had time for a shower 2 little girls were waiting for me in the family room.  Oh well!  At least I ran. 
 
A slow run is better than no run!
 
I couldn't run on Monday as I had what turned into a migraine.  I used to suffer from these but I have had an amazing reprieve for 7 years.  Well screw me, they are making a come back.  If you have never experienced one I hope you never do.  They are horrid.  And yesterday was the first time I had a full blown one and still had to deal with two children.  Oh boy!  But I survived and today I pulled up my big girl panties and wore all my hats successfully.  I ran, I mothered, I wifed...(not a word?  Oh well!)  This week just might be a good week!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like a high five for me! So in other words...Keep it positive and comment often! Lol! Lots of Love!