Friday, June 6, 2014

Entering my First 10 km

I'm torn.  It's in 2 weeks.  Do I enter and go for it.  So far to date the farthest I have run is 7 km.  I know I can push it to 10.  But is 14 days too soon?  Especially when L&L are pulling their usual tactics of letting mommy have no time for herself. 
 
The day of the run, I am hosting a party at the house for approx. 30 people.  It's a joint birthday party and a christening party.  I'm planning crock pot sandwiches for the food, and salads, and I've ordered the cakes.  So really it is just decorating prep that I'll be doing. 
 
I will have people staying at the house, so there will be lots of help.  Oh boy...Oh boy...
 
I think the answer would come to me easier if I had gotten in more than 1 run so far this week.  But alas, I have not.  I'm hoping to get out for one though in an hour. 
 
I wasn't kidding when I said I am still a rookie at this.  I'm still finding my way.  Right now I'm completing the c210km program, but I think I am going to start incorporating Hal Higdon's Marathon training.  (half). 
 
Anyway...today I have to make my decision. 
 
To run or not to run!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like a high five for me! So in other words...Keep it positive and comment often! Lol! Lots of Love!